Tuesday, June 26, 2012

3 already??


We celebrated three blessed years of having our Noah! although his actual birthday is Friday, we celebrated it on Sunday with many amazing family and friends.
Noah decided Angry Birds is what he wanted the theme to be, so it was.
I was pretty stoked on the ribbon I found at Michael's craft store.
Now the cake.
Oh the cake.
Lets just say it was good enough to make me cheat on my diet...several times
Since several of my family members, including the kiddos have allergies to things like Gluten, Dairy, and a few other things, it seemed a little unfair to have everyone come to a party where they watched us all eating cake that they couldn't have. I went to my cousins house and he showed me how to bake a gluten free, dairy free, wheat free, soy free cake. 
It was heavenly.
Most things that lack things like gluten can taste, well like cardboard. But this is SO good.
 We were so fortunate to have all of our friends and family drive towards our side of town and be here to celebrate. Some I haven't seen in years. As a mom there is nothing more special than to see your kids face light up with excitement.
Thank you so much to all who came out to help make this day special for this little man!
I wasn't raised to just see holidays or birthdays as a day to receive gifts. Im grateful for that. And I try my hardest to teach Noah the same thing. He was very excited for the new shipment of toys he received, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment