Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I like skinny more than I like french fries...

Okay just right off the bat when I say "skinny" i'm not talking about being malnourished or unhealthy. I'm talking about getting healthy, and a good body weight for MY body.
With that being said. I'm DAY 3 into my "diet" or "lifestyle change". Diet, is one of those words that people get a little uneasy about when they hear. So, lifestyle change it is.
Ive decided to cut out bread, pasta, grains, and unrefined sugar from my diet. And beer. Yes, that includes my favorite hazelnut beer.
when I first heard about this from a dear family member my first thought was " what the heck do you eat then??"
Ive been grazing on salad, meats, cheeses, more salad, nuts, and things like that.
Although its Only day three, I doubt its possible to lose any weight in terms of fat, BUT I have noticed even on the first day I didn't have that bloated look and feel that you get from fillers like grains, breads, pasta, etc.
So that's been encouraging to look just a wee bit trimmer in the first few days.
Ive never been one to be able to stick to a diet for more than 12 hours.
No seriously.
I always felt like I was starving and couldn't imagine living like that. But since i've started this diet I dont feel like that because its not that im starving myself or not eating, i'm just not eating the things that "fill" you up.But eating other healthy options.
Another benefit is that although I do not have a gluten allergy, my naturopath said I should still avoid gluten as much as possible since the allergy runs in my family AND I already have one autoimmune disorder (which we are working on solving). So eliminating all the bread and pasta which I ate A LOT has cut back on my gluten intake.
Cheers to that!



1 comment: